Revised: May 14, 2020
1. Managing Your Information Preferences
2. Information We Collect
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, mailing address, email address;
- Other identifying information: IP address, agent string, user string, your payment information;
- Financial information: bank account information, credit card information, check information;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Services and which elements of our Services you use the most;
- Commercial information: personal property that is either being insured or considered to be insured, including valuables and real estate; records of insurance policies purchased, obtained or considered;
- Visual and audio information: photos that you provide to us, date and time that you arrive to and leave our premises; and
- Inferences: inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and
Categories of Use
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information and commercial information to:
- Determine what policies are best for you;
- Update your policy; and
- To provide insurance and risk-management related services to
- Analytical Purposes: We use your internet activity and browsing history to analyze preferences, trends and
- Marketing Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services, opportunities and offers; and
- Provide you with other information from and about Baldwin Risk Partners, including personalized marketing
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website: We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide and maintain functionality on our websites;
- Handle your customer services requests;
- Check website performance, both from a functionality standpoint, and effectiveness of attracting and retaining customer engagement; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect the website, our company and others, and for, fraud detection, theft prevention, and legal compliance.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from the following sources:
We collect information directly from you. We collect contact, financial, certain identifying information directly from you.
We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies, web beacons and tracking pixels, SDKs and other similar technologies. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers section below.
When We Share Information with Third Parties
Our Service Providers
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including for purposes of payment processing, data hosting and processing, website development, and data analytics. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Baldwin Risk Partners.
Law Enforcement and Courts
In certain instances we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Baldwin Risk Partners or to others. We may also disclose your contact information when we believe the law or legal process requires it.
3. Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
We use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to collect Usage Data, to analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
4. How We Use Information and When We May Share and Disclose Information Generally
5. Personal Information You Make Available to Others
By using the Site or the Services you may make certain of your Personal Information available to others. For example, when you post a comment or a photo on the Site other users may see your name (first name and last name initial), the city you live in and other information that you choose to make available to others.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
8. California Customer Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA Rights”). This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with Baldwin Risk Partners.
CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know and Right to Deletion
You can request what personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed in the preceding 12 months.
You can also request that we delete your personal information. We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
Please note that if we delete your personal information, many of our services will not work the same. For example, we will not be able to provide you with services, your previous opt out requests will not be saved and saved preferences and information will no longer be available.
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please send a detailed email message to LegalCompliance@baldwinriskpartners.com. In order to verify your identity, we will need your name, address, phone number and email address. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf. If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Personal Information that We Sell
We may “sell” (as sell is defined in CCPA) the following categories of Personal Information:
- Commercial information; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, preferences, behavior and
We “sell” your Personal Information to Service Providers, such as data co-ops. We do not knowingly sell the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
Right to Opt Out of Sale
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties, as “sale” is defined under CCPA.
To submit a request to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information, please please send a detailed email message to LegalCompliance@baldwinriskpartners.com. In order to verify your identity, we will need your name, address, phone number and email address. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
9. Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
We Focus on Supporting Your Future Growth
What we do is not as important as how we do it. We invite you to explore the Connected Risk Solutions difference. Just give us call at (678) 359-6365 to learn more about us, our coverage lines and programs and how we can serve you and your clients’ needs.